Wednesday 6 June 2012

Summer is here...

Hello Hello!

It has been a fair while since I last posted, and I always feel bad. Not that I think many people read the blog, but that it was my decision to start one, and I try to keep up to date but alas, here I am!

I have had a LOT going on lately. I put in a job application (no luck, next time maybe) and had about 2 weeks off work to show my lovely Mommy around my town. It was her first time in the UK since she was 2, so its been a few years! We met in Scotland and travelled down to Jolly Ole Guildford together for the remainder of her stay.

Loch Lomond, Scotland



The weather was fabulous, which I thought it might be, and we were able to go to many places. England reminds my mom of LA, which just goes to show just how Non-British the weather was those weeks! Bloody lovely!!! Here is a picture of me and my mom atop The Mount in Guildford (my town), looking down on the ugly brown cathedral and surrounding homes.



Guildford, England


I still have the shawl in my possession, which is very naughty of me. I am sending it today to Scotland where my fair friend lives! Her wedding is quickly approaching so I must hurry!

 The weather has been nice, and the boyfriend complains that I ignore him too much….which was true when I was working on the shawl!  So I did take a break from knitting, but I did quickly knit a pair of Autumnals over the long weekend (4 days for the Queen’s Jubilee!) in the colour here. They turned out lovely and since the friend they are for has a birthday this Saturday I am actually done another thing IN TIME! Perhaps this can be a new trend of mine??

No comments:

Post a Comment