Saturday 12 May 2012

Completed!

So the shawl was done last weekend. Why did I not post in my expected glee? Because my eyes were done! I was up knitting until late Sunday (think 3am) just to finish. It was going well so I wasn't about to stop! 


My poor eyes. My poor poor eyes. I worried the only way to fix them was with lasers! But alas, they are back to normal now. I do think for the future that intricate lace shawls are not the appropriate project for me. I will, no doubt, still tackle one again. 


But now it's back to my so so selfish knits, with my Aidez cardigan and a pair of Muckle Mittens in soft grey purple and cream. The PLAN is to save them as a present for someone through the year. The reality is that I will want to keep them! 


I am using Bergère de France Lima which feels a bit scratchy in the ball but knits up lovely and according to some comments on Ravelry it should soften up when washed!


I do love the colours. The purple will be the main colour with the white as the accent! 

No comments:

Post a Comment