Tuesday 20 March 2012

Men's Massive and Chunky Mittens


Here is my pattern for my Men's Chunky and Simple Mittens. 




I made these last year, but as I found it hard to find a mitten pattern that was this simple for men I thought I should share it! 


This uses half a skein, or 50m of chunky yarn, I used Wool Ease Thick and Quick. You could use any similar weight yarn. 


Cast on 26 stitches and join to knit in the round. A simple way of joining seamlessly is to bring together and switch your first cast on stitch with the last one you made.

Knit 1, Purl 1 for ribbing for 8 rows.
Knit two rows then increase at first stitch and increase before last stitch of the row.
Knit another 2 rows. Increase same again.
Knit 10 rows. Increasing the same every two rows.
Knit 4 rows plain.
Hold the first 5 and the last 5 stitches for thumb on scrap yarn. Cast on 2 and continue to knit the hand part of the mitten. Knit 10 rows. Cast off knitwise.
Place thumb stitches back on your circular needle and add two stitches. Knit for 5 rows, then cast off knitwise.

2 comments:

  1. hi! I saw this pattern and was wondering what size needles you cast on with? Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're knit and cast on with 8mm or US 11 needles. :)

    ReplyDelete