Tuesday 27 March 2012

New Sweater

I have bought some yarn. Online.


This is always exciting when I have a project in mind and I wait until I know I will be making it, and then put an order in. When I buy yarn in a store it feels more impulsive, so when I shop online I make myself wait, think about it and then decide sensibly.

Now, when I buy the sensible yarn I don’t always JUST buy that – when shipping is free you take advantage, right?!

I have bought 800g of Wendy Mode Chunky in their Vanilla colour to make this Aidez cardigan. 

I made my O W Ls sweater out of this yarn in Navy and it washes well, is easy to knit with and 50% wool and 50% acrylic its’ perfect weight and feel for a hard wearing every day kinda sweater. This Aidez sweater looks like a lot more work, and I might have to pay attention, but I cannot wait!  


I also mentioned that I may have bought some other yarn (possibly impulsively!). 

I have been seeing more and more Hudson Bay stuff online, either on Ravelry or Pinterest and feel I need a bit more Canadiana in my life. I need to get in touch with my roots (my roots, not Roots, but I'm sure that will come later). 

I bought some white, green and yellow soft DK, and I already have some red and blue... so something similar to this blanket might appear, should I decide what to make. I'm thinking, hot water bottle, or mittens? But then, that's what I'm always thinking, so maybe instead some sort of cabley cowl? SO MANY OPTIONS! Who says I have to choose? 



No comments:

Post a Comment