Thursday 5 April 2012

Knit-for-Hire

I agreed to knit a shawl for my friends wedding. This I think is going to be a massive feat! I had the yarn she chose arrive yesterday and it is 100% silk in what they call Old Gold, which is a lovely soft gold colour. Its The Natural Dye Studio's Precious. Its amazing. I just want to pet it, and perhaps bury my face into it.... a bit ridiculous I know, but it just feels amazing!

The pattern is the Covington Shawl by Mary R White. I purchased the pattern yesterday and printed it off today, with hopes that the Easter weekend will give me a chance to cast on! This is lace weight yarn, and will be knit on 5mm needles and I have never done a lace project in this scale before, but maybe those little Autumnal mittens I did before will have given me all the skills I need??? One can hope! I have until May 25th to get this baby finished, and blocked so I have to get moving!

There is some sort of crochet cast on needed, which I also have never done. At least I gave crochet a shot a few months ago, and managed to make one roughly square shape, so perhaps this will be okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment