Saturday 16 June 2012

Designing Woman

Sometimes, when its quiet at work and I'm doing mindless clean up of things I have left for too long (hello spreadsheets) my mind wanders into the land of Knit and Purl. 


What if I did this. 


What if I did that. 


So the other day I didn't have much to do at lunch and lunch happened just after one of these mindless sessions on Excel. While I've been working on my Aidez I have fallen in love with the diamonds on the back. So: 


What if I put these diamonds on the back of little fingerless mittens?! Hmmm...


I did a doodle then went to heat up my food. 


Yesterday Mr. Boyfriend was out with his friends, so I had the WHOLE evening to myself. I left work super early (thanks to a cold Mr. Boyfriend had given me earlier in the week, and a trip to Manchester with work that left me with too much overtime saved up). 


So me. And my lonely sofa. And a ball of this clay beige Debbie Bliss Cash-soft. mmm... 




This is the somewhat finished product: 



I think I'm getting pretty quick at this knitting malarky! Finished both today. 

Not 100% happy with the outcome. They fit and are comfy and interesting to look at, but will do another pair changing things. Like thicker ribbing, maybe copy the Aidez further and do a double moss in the centre. 

And then have a think about publishing the pattern to share with everyone! If you want to knit a pair of mittens with double moss diamonds on the back let me know. Maybe you can test knit!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I can knit, but after looking at your posts I don't think I can claim that anymore...

    YOUR KNITTING IS AMAZING! :)
    Thank you for all your lovely posts. -And fantastic blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks, that's really sweet of you. I think it's just down to the fact that I'm obsessed with it! :)

    ReplyDelete