Friday 1 March 2013

Inspiration - Sock Monkey Sweater

Ah weekend getaways. 

Long chats with great people, overdue catch ups with best friends, tea, sandwiches and coffee.... I loved last weekend. 

My best friend lives in Belleville so we went up for the weekend and took an afternoon trip out to Picton. I totally stole this picture from one of my friends to summarise our time... (I'm wearing my stockholm and my aidez cardigan!)


In the Bean Counter, a new coffee shop in Picton, I saw a girl wearing a sock monkey sweater!! I realised my goal in life is to own one of these! 


After some googling I have discovered that this was orginally sold by Roots (mmm, sigh) but they dont seem to have it anymore. If I can't find it in an outlet store sometime soon I may need to knit my own. Maybe in chunky wool so I can wear it really really soon. I started searching for suitable patterns but haven't found one so I may need to design it, or alter someone else's design to get this made. 

But given that I have yarn for three other sweaters already this one probably won't see the light of day for quite a while!

(I am still on the hunt for a good job, so definately won't be buying any more yarn anytime soon!)

4 comments:

  1. Roots is selling these again. It's called cabin sock cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have it at Roots again for $98! The only thing is now it goes by 'Cabin Sock Cardigan'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is available at Roots, I just saw it yesterday !!! Check online again ...I saw it in Mapleview in Burlington, ON

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey guys! Thanks so much. I actually saw it too and was able to buy one before they sold out again! :)

    ReplyDelete