Sunday 5 January 2014

In other news...

So my blogging as taken a back seat to adjusting to downtown city life again. It makes it sound like I've been super busy and I haven't. I just haven't had too much knitting stuff going on.

My knitting pretty much stopped over the summer. Apparently Canadian summers don't inspire knitting in me the way British ones do! Might have something to do with the 30 degree heat.

Another thing that has actually affected by blog and I didn't think it would - I switched to an iPhone from a Samsung. This might not seem significant as I never actually write my blog on my phone, but I do use it to take pictures of my knitting. The iPhone camera is complete shit. Totally shit. I hate it. Where as the Samsung took decent pictures so that's really annoying.
But this winter I have been back at it! I joined a knit group at a local yarn store (and by local I just mean in the city as it's not that close to me). It's a great mix of people and very friendly. It's helped inspire me to keep at it and get things done!  This sweater is now too big to take along, but it is just about done. Then with a little blocking it will be ready to wear! I do need to find buttons so if you know of a cool place in Toronto to buy buttons lemme know!


I did manage to make 3 pairs of fingerless mittens and sell them to people at work for Christmas presents, so that was good.




And I knit a lot on the subway when I take it and tend to get into conversations with people about learning to knit so I have made some business cards to give to them offering lessons! Teaching definitely inspires me to keep knitting and learning myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment